Preventive Dentistry Casula
Preventive dentistry is dedicated to keeping your mouth healthy — this aids in avoiding periodontal (gum) disease, tooth decay, plaque build-up, and tooth loss.
This can be practised by brushing your teeth at least twice daily and visiting your dentist for routine check-ups and professional cleanings. These practices are followed to make sure that teeth are clean, healthy, and white.
Preventive dental care helps you maintain your teeth and means you need less dental treatment.
The two main causes of tooth loss are decay and periodontal disease. The earlier you prevent or deal with these two problems, the more chance you will have of keeping your teeth for life.
Common Preventive Dentistry Services
Preventive dentistry services include:
Dental check-ups, usually twice a year. Since most dental problems don’t come with pain at first, if you don’t visit your dentist regularly, you may not be aware of dental problems until they cause more significant damage.
Scale and clean
A teeth cleaning is recommended every twice a year to remove plaque build-up and stains that can’t be removed by brushing and flossing, as well as to check for signs of tooth decay.
X-rays allow your Casula dentist to look for symptoms of problems that are not visible during examinations, such as cavities between teeth and problems below the gum line.
Particularly a custom-made mouthguard designed by your Casula dentist – can be worn during sports and leisure activities to protect teeth against injuries.
Your Role in Prevention
Prevention starts with you!
Developing healthy dental habits early can help lessen the risk of tooth decay, periodontal disease, and gingivitis.
Here are our tips in keeping good oral health:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day using a soft-bristled toothbrush and a fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss once daily to remove food stuck between teeth.
- Gargle with a fluoride mouthwash to rinse out food particles after flossing.
- Limit the intake of acidic foods and drinks.
- Don’t smoke – this can lead to cancer and other dental problems.
- Wear a mouthguard and other protective gears when playing contact sports or participating in leisure activities.
- For people who grind their teeth at night, ask your dentist for a night-time mouthguard to help reduce gum recession.
Preventive Dentistry in Casula
Prevention is always better than cure.
At Casula Dental Care, we provide preventive dental services that will help you maintain your oral health and prevent dental issues from occurring.
Visit your Casula dentist today!
We are located at Shop 17A Casula Mall, 1 Ingham Drive in Casula.