Protecting You at Play!
Mouthguards are dental appliances that are worn when playing contact sports and leisure activities to protect the teeth and the soft tissues in the mouth.
This protective dental appliance receives the impact and cushions the blow in case of an accident.
Custom-made mouthguards are the top-of-the-line mouthguard. They are designed for each wearer and manufactured in the dental office or a professional laboratory.
Your dentist Casula makes impressions of your teeth using a mould, and a mouthguard is then created from that model.
A custom-made mouthguard is more expensive than other options, but it provides the most comfort and protection by a large margin.
Most mouthguards cover upper teeth, but in some instances, depending on other protective gear, your dental condition, and your sport, your dentist will recommend a mouthguard for lower teeth as well.
At-home Care for Mouthguards
Follow these simple steps in taking care of your mouthguard:
- Wash your mouthguard with cold water or with a mouthrinse before and after each use.
- Place the mouthguard in a firm, perforated container for storage and transportation. This allows air circulation and protects the mouthguard from damage.
- Protect the mouthguard from extreme temperatures to minimise deformation.
- Check the mouthguard for general wear. If you find holes or tears in it or if it loosens or causes pain, have it replaced immediately.
- Bring the mouthguard to each routine dental visit to have your Casula dentist examine it.
Sports Mouthguards in Casula
Protect your teeth while having fun! At Casula Dental Care, we provide protective sports mouthguards to keep your smile safe from sports-related dental injuries.
Visit your Casula dentist today!
Pay no gap for exam, cleans, fluoride treatment, x-rays, mouthguards, simple fillings and simple extractions.
We are located at Shop 17A Casula Mall, 1 Ingham Drive in Casula.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who needs a mouthguard?
Why do I need to use a mouthguard when playing sports?
Mouthguards also help you avoid damage to the teeth, nerve damage to a tooth, or even tooth loss.
How long will my mouthguard last?
Have your mouthguard checked by your Casula dentist at your visit to ensure it is still in optimal condition and still fits properly.
How do I care for my mouthguard?
It is also advised that you wash your mouthguard with mouthwash to keep it sterile.