National Children’s Week at Casula Dental Care
National Children’s Week is celebrated yearly in Australia during the 4th week of October. The event focuses the attention of the wider community on children and their needs.
As our support to this year’s National Children’s Week, your Casula dentist wants everyone to know about the importance of dental hygiene.
If children practise good oral habits and healthy teeth while they’re young, they will have a great chance of keeping them and preventing dental problems.
This means that if we teach our children how to take care of their teeth and gums, it helps them keep a healthy and beautiful smile, improve their general health, and even improve their chances in life!
Start With Good Dental Habits
Children need to know how to look after their teeth and gums at a young age.
For parents/carers, here’s what you can do:
- Brush your child’s teeth at least twice daily, using small circular motions. Children’s teeth should be cleaned after eating and before bed using fluoride toothpaste suitable for children, which can help strengthen the teeth enamel and prevent decay.
- Get into a regular toothbrushing routine, and give your child plenty of praise when they brush their teeth properly.
- Replace toothbrushes or toothbrush heads every 3 months, when already worn or frayed, or when they just recovered from an illness.
- Supervise or guide children with their toothbrushing until they are at least 7 years old.
- When they begin brushing by themselves, check every few days to ensure they are doing it properly.
- Bring your child in for dental check-ups twice a year.
- Make sure your child eats a healthy, balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Try to limit acidic and sweet foods and drinks consumption.
- As your child’s permanent teeth erupt, you should make your Casula dentist aware of any teeth or jaw misalignment. We will advise if corrective treatment is required.
How Casula Dental Care Can Help
Protecting your child’s smile is important for their well-being. You want your child to grow up with a healthy and beautiful smile that lasts a lifetime.
At Casula Dental Care, we are happy for the opportunity to care for the smiles of our youngest patients.
Casula Dental Care bulk bills for the Child Dental Benefits Schedule. The Child Dental Benefits Schedule benefits eligible children aged 2 to 17 years.
The CDBS program provides basic dental services to eligible children, with benefits capped at $1,026 over 2 consecutive years.
Child Dental Benefits Schedule in Casula
Bulk Bill for eligible children
Up to $1,026 worth of dental treatments over two years
We are located at Shop 17A Casula Mall, 1 Ingham Drive in Casula.