Top 4 Amazing Benefits of Brushing & Flossing from Casula Dental Care
Your teeth can last a lifetime if you practice basic dental care, which involves proper brushing and flossing, eating a mouth-healthy diet, and visiting your dentist for regular dental check-ups and cleans.
Our dental team at Casula Dental Care is here to show you the wonderful benefits of proper brushing and flossing to your oral health.
Check out our Top 4 Amazing Benefits of Brushing & Flossing below:
#1 Whiter Teeth and Brighter Smile!
Unremoved plaque build-up leads to tartar and stains.
Brushing and flossing remove stubborn plaque before it hardens and becomes tartar.
Doing keeps your smile bright and healthy!
#2 Fresh Breath!
No one loves bad breath!
Bacteria in the mouth can produce an embarrassing and unhealthy odour.
Brushing and flossing help prevent the bacteria that cause halitosis and tooth decay!
#3 Healthy, Firms Gums!
Proper brushing cleans teeth, gums, and where they meet.
Flossing cleans between and under the surfaces of the teeth and gums.
Unhealthy gums can cause periodontal (gum) disease, potentially leading to serious problems for your mouth and body.
#4 Save Money!
Good dental care saves you money.
Having a good oral routine can help prevent problems that will require extra visits to the dentist.
With proper at-home care, you can reduce the cost of dental treatments!
Here is a simple guide to proper brushing:
- Position the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle where the gums and teeth meet.
- Use small circular motions to brush the teeth and gumline.
- Do not scrub or apply excessive pressure when brushing, as this can damage the gums and tooth enamel.
- Brush all surfaces of every tooth, including the cheek-side, tongue-side, and chewing surface. Place emphasis on the surfaces of the back teeth.
- Use gentle back and forth strokes to brush the chewing surfaces.
- Do not forget to brush the tongue to remove fungi, food, and debris.
Here is a simple guide to proper flossing:
- Cut a piece of floss around 18 inches long.
- Wind one end of the floss around the middle finger of one hand and the other end around the middle finger of the other hand until the hands are 2 to 3 inches apart.
- Work the floss between the teeth to the gumline.
- Curve the floss in a U-shape around each tooth and carefully slide it beneath the gumline.
- Carefully move the floss in an up and down motion several times to remove plaque and food debris between teeth.
- Don’t pop the floss in and out between the teeth. This will inflame and cut the gums.
Quality Dental Care in Casula
Brushing and flossing keep your smile beautiful, save money, and can even save your life!
Experience fresher breath, healthier gums, and stronger teeth at Casula Dental Care!
Visit your Casula dentist today!
PAY NO GAP
Includes dental exam, cleans, fluoride application, X-rays, Mouthguards, simple fillings and simple extractions*
*for patients with dental private health insurance
We are located at Shop 17A Casula Mall, 1 Ingham Drive in Casula.